Do you have a brochure/presentation available?
|Yes, we absolutely do! Follow this link to download the PDF.|
How does Mouseflow work?
Data from the whole user experience is recorded, not just a snapshot of the session. This includes all user interaction, but also changes to the HTML document that occurs throughout the visitor journey.
This means you can record session based pages, like shopping carts, checkout pages and similar. You can also record pages behind a login without any problems.
|Does Mouseflow affect the browsing experience?|
Mouseflow does not affect a user's browsing experience.
Mouseflow loads asynchronously and doesn't count towards your total page load time.
|Can Mouseflow record HTTPS/SSL?||Mouseflow can record pages that use HTTPS/SSL without any problems. This feature is available for all plans and you don't have to make any changes. It's available by default.|
|What impact will Mouseflow have on my servers?||Your web servers won’t be affected at all. All communication is sent directly from the browser to our platform.|
|How about security? Is my data safe?|
Mouseflow takes security very seriously. We only use the most trusted and secure data centers for our platform. Access is restricted to a few select employees and data from SSL-encrypted pages are only transmitted across encrypted SSL connections.
Your data is isolated in either our European (Amsterdam) or United States (Virginia) datacenter, based on where you sign up. We never transmit or store data outside of the European Union or United States, respectively.
If you collect sensitive data, you need to (a) exclude keystroke tracking for certain input fields, (b) disable keystroke for all input fields, or (c) exclude/replace content shown in the page source itself.
By default, Mouseflow excludes all password and credit card number fields automatically.
If your local legislation requires it, you can choose to anonymize IP addresses of your visitors. Read more about that feature here.
Read more on our dedicated Security Page.
|What browsers and operating systems do you support?|
Mouseflow supports IE 8+, Firefox 3+, Chrome 3+, Safari 4+, Opera 9+, and many more. For the best service, we recommend that you keep your browser updated to the latest version.
Mouseflow is compatible on all desktop platforms (Windows, Mac, Linux) and their corresponding mobile environments including, but not limited to: Android, Symbian, iPhone OS and Windows Mobile.
|Can I install Mouseflow on my localhost?|
Mouseflow requires access your site in order to play back your visitor sessions and display heatmaps. Mouseflow will not function properly if your website is only accessible on your localhost. In order to use our service, you need to host your website on a publicly accessible domain.
If you have a website that you want to test before pushing it live, a common method is to host the website on a subdomain (e.g. staging.yoursite.com) or to use a dynamic DNS service to get a temporary domain to test your site.
|Does Mouseflow work with members-only pages, shopping carts, and checkout pages?||Yes, Mouseflow is able to track these types of pages. This feature is enabled by default, so you don't have to make any changes to record these types of pages.|
|Can I delete all recordings and data|
Yes, simply follow the steps below:
Mouseflow supports highly dynamic websites, including single-page applications, built on modern frameworks (such as React, Angular and Ember).
Our script listens to changes to the web page itself and apply this dynamically during playback.
Do you offer any SLA or uptime guarantees?
We don't offer Service Level Agreements (SLA) on our regular plans. However, Mouseflow has partnered with a content delivery network (CDN) service that promises 24/7 uptime on the recording scripts, even if we experience downtime in our data center.
If you're seeking a customer enterprise plan (with more than 100K recordings per month) or require an SLA, we'd be happy to work with you.
|What happens to my website if you have downtime?|
Our recording services are installed on thousands of websites and Mouseflow takes measures to ensure that these websites are working perfectly, even if there are service disruptions or downtime. Here's just a few of the extensive measures we take:
Installation & Setup
- Getting Started
- Install using Tag Managers
- Install using Plugins
- Additional Steps
- Video: Add and Edit Feedback Campaigns
- Video: Feature Overview
- Video: Installing Mouseflow
- Training Videos
- Video: How Playback works
- Video: Recordings - Search, Filters, Views and Trends
- Video: Recording list
- Video: Recordings, Waterfall view
- Video: Forms - Segmenting and Views
- Video: Conversion tracking using Forms
- Video: Adding and Editing a Form
- Video: Form list
- Video: Funnel list
- Video: Adding & Editing Funnels
- Video: Funnels, Segments & Views
- Video: Heatmaps - Search, Filters & Views
- Video: The heatmap List
- Video: Click Heatmaps
- Video: Movement Heatmaps
- Video: Scroll heatmaps
- Video: Attention Heatmaps
- Video: Geo Heatmaps
- Video: Link Analytics
- Video: Feedback List
- Video: Understanding Feedback Reports
- Creating, organizing, and viewing recordings
- Aggregating data through Filters
Gaining insight through Heatmaps
- Heatmaps Overview
- Heatmaps and the heatmap list
- Heatmap Link Analytics
- Intro to Live Heatmaps
- Compare New vs Returning Users
- Click Heatmaps
- Movement Heatmaps
- Scroll Heatmaps
- Attention Heatmaps
- Attention Heatmaps
- Geo Heatmaps
- Use the Geo Heatmap to Recapture Leads
- Early Access to Live Heatmaps is now open
- Reduce page and form abandonment
Protecting visitor privacy
- The Privacy Settings Page
- How can I exclude certain input fields from being recorded?
- How will a visitor's privacy be affected?
- How do I exclude my own IP address?
- How do I anonymize IP addresses?
- Exclude or Replace Content on Pages
- Can users opt out?
- Excluding content from website settings
- Whitelisting fields
- What is Do-Not-Track?
- What is Personal Data?
- PCI Compliance
- Content Security Policy (CSP)
- Cross-Origin Resource Sharing (CORS)
- Using the Feedback widget
- Understanding Friction on your website
Integrating Mouseflow with other platforms
- Single Page Applications
- Hubspot Integration
- Wix Integration
- Weebly Integration
- 3dcart Integration
- Blogger/Blogspot Integration
- Joomla Integration
- Magento Integration
- Prestashop Integration
- Squarespace Integration
- Unbounce Integration
- Delete Instapage Integration
- Adobe Analytics (Omniture) Integration
- Adobe Target Integration
- Coremetrics Integration
- Eloqua Integration
- Google Analytics Integration
- Kissmetrics Integration
- Olark Integration
- Opinionlab Integration
- Optimizely Integration
- Qualaroo Integration
- Freshdesk Integration
- AnswerMiner Integration
- LiveChat Integration
- Usabilla Integration
- Webtrends Integration
- Webtrends Integration
- Zendesk Integration
- Video Tutorials
- Account and Installation
Appearance of Recordings and Heatmaps
- Recordings Don't Appear Correctly
- Mouseflow and Google Maps
- The Live Heatmap opens my website - but the data is missing?
- Missing Link Analytics
- Heatmap Doesn't Look Right
- No Images or Styling in Playback
- Session Time and Playback Time Doesn't Match
- The Wrong Page is Being Displayed
- Content is Missing From Playback
- Bot Traffic
- Encountering in-app errors
- General Limitations
Accounts & Billing
- Managing Billing and Subscriptions
- Configuring Users and Account settings
- Advanced customization of tracking
Tagging recordings and using variables
- Filtering for 'Device Type' in the Live Heatmap
- Custom Variables / Tagging
- How do I push data into third-party tools?
- Start Recordings Based on User Actions
- Testing Multiple Versions of a Website (A/B Testing)
- Tracking URL changes with React
- Alerts / web hooks
- Customize Recording Rate Per Page
- Record Visitors By Specific Language
- Track Visitors By Specific Device
- Record Visitors Based on Entry Page
- How do I track visitors referred by Google AdWords?
- How do I only track visits referred by Facebook?
- How do I only track visits from Bing Ads?
- Store Cookies as Custom Variables
- Whitelist Mouseflow's Servers
- Tracking specific user behavior
- Notifications and webhooks
- Customized integration with third parties
- Mouseflow API
- Is Mouseflow right for me?
- Why won't the Live Heatmaps open?
- Do you have a brochure/presentation available?
- How does Mouseflow work?
- FAQ: Can I limit the traffic that I record by taking a sample of user data?
- Do I need Feedback consent in my campaigns?
- Does Mouseflow affect the browsing experience?
- FAQ: How do I find visitors who view a specific page?
- Do you support Flash elements?
- Can Mouseflow record HTTPS/SSL?
- FAQ: How do I find visitors who enter or exit from a specific page?
- Can I record iframes and pop-up windows?
- What impact will Mouseflow have on my servers?
- Most Common Questions
- Where do I find the tracking code?
- How does Mouseflow handle VAT?
- How about security? Is my data safe?
- How does upgrading and downgrading work?
- What browsers and operating systems do you support?
- Can I install Mouseflow on my localhost?
- Does Mouseflow work with members-only pages, shopping carts, and checkout pages?
- Can I delete all recordings and data?
- Do you offer any SLA or uptime guarantees?
- What happens to my website if you have downtime?
- Recordings Status is 'Paused'
- Affiliate Partnership
- Is it possible to white label Mouseflow?
- Mouseflow Session / Credit
- How does Mouseflow handle Apple Safari Intelligent Tracking Prevention (ITP)?
Modified on: Wed, 13 Nov, 2019 at 1:51 PM
Did you find it helpful?Send feedback
Sorry we couldn't be helpful. Help us improve this article with your feedback.