If you have access to the source code or the template files for your website, inserting the script should be very simple. But if you’re using a CMS that doesn’t give you this access, it can be tricky to find out how to insert the script.
We’ve included some guidelines for selected CMS systems below. If your CMS is not on this list, try looking at our full list of Mouseflow Integrations.
Add the tracking code directly in the page source
If you have direct access to your source files or template files then you should look for a file controlling the footer of all your pages. An example could be
- Log in to your Mouseflow account.
- Navigate to the website you're interested in by choosing it from the drop down menu along the top next the to "Help" tab.
- Click the
</>icon along the top of the page and copy the tracking code.
- Search for the closing
</body>tag on your live page.
- Immediately before this closing tag, paste in the tracking code.
- Save and publish the file.
- Browse your website, right-click and click “View source”, and see if the code is present.
If you only have access to the
<head> part of your website, you can also put the script just before the closing head tag: